Monday, August 13, 2012

Quinoa Stir Fry

I might not be a good cook but I have good ideas and produce some yummy yum yum ingredients.  So this evening Steve made dinner; a healthy version of stir fry.
I don't care for Chinese food, while he loves it but I could eat this dish over and over.
Our CSA bounty has included a helping of okra that was on the verge of going bad so we chopped up:
-okra
-squash (from MB's garden-thanks)
-sugar snap peas
-red peppers
-onion
-green peppers
All fresh from the gardens and local farms.  A little oil and water created a perfect crunch!
Steve cooked up some white and red quinoa and topped it with the sauteed vegetables with a ginger dressing.
YUM!
I really need to take pictures.
I think this dish was even easy enough for me to handle.  Being that it was a completely healthy meal and on Steve's diet he could over-indulge without the nagging wife!
I did a little search for okra recipes and found a pecan encrusted okra and of course gumbo.  There were a few others that were a little too fatty to meet our needs so if you have a great recipe that involves okra give us a shout out!
Thanks and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment