Sunday, August 19, 2012

Stuffed Peppers- Kerry Style

Ok Ok I posted the other day about the hell I bring on the kitchen when I try to cook but tonight was a success.

I plucked some green peppers and one lonely red pepper off the vines and opened the fridge; what goodies await me?  A bunch of good stuff and okra and a lonely yellow pepper.

Before I go on, my home grown peppers blew away the yellow store bought.  Mine were think and crisp while the store bought had very thin "meat" on it.

While the quinoa cooked I diced up some tomatoes, onion, portabella and okra.  I'm getting better, it only took my about 12 minutes to cut it all up.

After the quinoa was ready I mixed up the ingredients and stuffed those peppers.

On 400 for about 30 minutes, topped with a little mozzarella and tomato sauce and a success was made!

Maybe I can get a hang of this whole cooking thing.





2 comments:

  1. I wish i liked all those ingrediants. I'm trying, really trying with the veggies, and starting pinning up some quinoa recipes.

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. quinoa is pretty good, the white is better than the red though. We substitute it for rice with every dish. It is a complete protein so we don't have to worry about being meatless.
      Keep trying!
      Steve is doing good and I know you can do it too!

      Delete