Friday, September 7, 2012

Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti

I love when L wants spaghetti because she can never remember how to say it so she says, "Mommy, I want the noodles like Katy makes but long."  So cute.

We are pretty much down with the quinoa and mixed potato noodles but I really didn't care for the rice noodles.  I think because I keep over cooking them.

This week in our CSA, besides some lovely flowers, was a spaghetti squash.  I keep meaning to try this out so I finally did!

It was really yummy. 

It kinda tastes like noodles but a little crunchy, not crunchy like noodles that aren't cooked, but crunchy like a pretzel...sorta.  I will definitely make this again.  L like it but H wasn't in the mood.  Steve was at work so he hasn't tried it yet.

  • I cut the squash in half length wise, drizzled with a little oil and black pepper
  • Put it on a baking sheet and into the over for about 2 hours on 350
  • Pulled it out and with a fork just scraped it out and poured sauce on top
That easy!  Here are a few pictures. 






No comments:

Post a Comment